De: psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]En
nombre de support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Enviado el: lunes 28 de abril de 2003 14:40
Para: psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: Serial port reading

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hernan Rohner" <hhrohner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 12:24 PM
Subject: RE: Serial port reading

Ok, I don't know if you can deal with any delay in your data feed or not.
If you can, I've used some print spoolers in that past (mid 90's) that did
serial to parallel conversions.  Also check out this link:
http://www.telebyteusa.com/catalog/products/109A.htm for Telebyte's model
109A bi-directional parallel to serial converter...I believe it's also got a
small buffer which could introduce some delay.  Also Lantronix makes some
boxes that convert RS232 to ethernet, you could read the data right off your
LAN.

As far as language, I'm not a programmer but I'd guess a simple C program
that polled the parallel port for data and wrote said data to a text file
wouldn't be too difficult.

John Guynn