Re: suggestions mail list server for RH8

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 12:34, Randall J. Parr wrote:

> I have a client who wants to impliment a small, simple mailling list on
> his RH 8 server which currently has sendmail servers with procmail in use.
>
> I was leaning towards SmartList given he's already using procmail and/or
> Majordomo given the availability of books/help in its use.
>
> Which of the available mail list server programs (Majordomo, Minordomo,
> SmartList, ListServ, etc.) will work well on this kind of "stock" RH 8
> server?
>
> Which would be easiest to install and/or administer? (eg. he's heard
> horror stories regarding the difficulty of setting up and administering
> Majordomo)

	One option might be Minimalist.  It's very small and light (only basic
commands) and very, very easy to setup.  If you don't need the bloat of
Mailman or the agony of SmartList this is a decent option.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.