RE: Serial port reading

John: thanks for your reply. Sorry, but i totally misexpressed myself.

What you said is totally right, the data I'm getting ascii data through an
RS232 port.
Now the thing i have to do is the box you're telling me, that is, since I
couldn't find any hardware that makes the conversion between RS232 and LPT,
i have to do it myself with my linux box and some software to open the RS232
port, read, close and then send that data to the LPT port (open, write,
close).

The thing is that I wish to find out is which scripting language would be
the easiest to do that.
Thanks a lot
Regards