Serial port reading

Hi folks!, I'm gonna need a little advice from somebody that has expersise on using serial and parallel ports under RH8

My problem is as follows: I have a device that sends data in ascii-RS232-format and would like to send that data to a Parallel Printer (LPT). Been finding out and couldn't find any (dedicated) hardware to do that, so I decided to use a little from the computer and do the job.

Any ideas on which language (that works with data input/output gently) should i look at?

Thanks in advance.

Hernan Rohner
hhrohner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Montevideo - Uruguay