Compiling problems

Anyone else having problems compiling things under Psyche?

I installed RH8 on two computers from the Web download CDs.

I chose "Development" and "Kernel Development" in the package group selection on both machines.

But the kernel won't compile.  To be more exact, it has many many errors while compiling the modules.  I just left the config as-is so I could do a test-compile before doing any customizing.  Wouldn't finish.  So I began disabling modules, one after another, and then trying to compile again.  I gave up after I had done this for 20 modules and it still wouldn't finish.

So I downloaded the new kernel 2.4.18-27.8.0 source rpm and tried to compile it - same problem.

So then I copied the source over to a RH7.3Valhalla machine, ran "make mrproper", then put back the distribution .config file, and it compiled just fine.

Since then I have had several other things fail compiling on 8 that work just fine on 7.3

Anyone else seeing this?

dave...