RE: help with cp or mkdir

I have tried what you have suggested and I get almost the same result.
Except no errors just just to the prompt and no NEW public_html
directories
I apologize that I did not send along the error message
I have setup up so new users will get public_html when the account is
made.

Joe..

*> I thought that would do it but for some reason it does not. Just
gives
*> me a bunch of errors saying mkdir: cannot create directory
*> `/home/a/username/public_html': File exists
*> But it doesn't and it didn't not make it

*well, this means that (at least for some of the users) this dir already
*exists.  Are there also some user directories which you plan to create
in
*this step?  then you have to issue
*
*mkdir -p /home/*/*/public_html
*
*Also, in future please post the original error message, or do you have
*user "username"?
*
*Cheers,
*