Re: Problem with libstdc++

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Mengel, Holger, InfraServ Knapsack/DE wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> i have a big problem with a application.
> If i start it, i get the following message:
>
> ./praedico_server: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

we have the same problem with our packages, which uses external software
depending on this lib.  I guess the associated compiler version was
2.95.1.

You can try to download the proper libstdc++ package (something with
2.95.1 in the name, or search for the lib) from rpmfind.  For us, it
clashes with the standard libstc++, so we have a tarball with these libs.
If you don't manage with the rpmfind package, tell me, and I send the
tarball.

> Diese Nachricht koennte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten.
> Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Nachricht
> irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender
> und vernichten Sie diese Nachricht.
> Der nicht autorisierte Gebrauch, unerlaubtes Kopieren sowie die
> unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Nachricht ist nicht gestattet.
> InfraServ Knapsack uebernimmt keine Verantwortung fuer Schaeden,
> die durch unerlaubte Verwendung dieser Nachricht, gleich ob mit
> urspruenglichem oder veraendertem Inhalt, entstehen. Gleiches gilt
> fuer Schaeden, die durch Computerviren entstehen koennen.

Let's hope the best,

Michael