Solved: Re: GNOME windows disappearing, when want to minimize; howto

> Message: 7
> Subject: Re: GNOME windows disappearing, when want to
> minimize; how to correct my error?
> From: Iain Buchanan > <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx Organization:
> Date: 08 Apr 2003 12:09:35 +0930

<snip>
> I don't think its a 'glitch', it looks like you might have removed
> your 'window list' applet. Right click in a space in the panel, ->
> add to panel -> utility -> Window List. You should see all your
> windows again.
<snip>

Iain: Thank you! I didn't try your solution in the right spot in the panel, so I tried it several times, and now I have 3 windows there; but that's a *huge* improvement, over having the Windows disappear off the screen. :-)

Michael Mills: Thank for your mention of Alt-Tab and yes, you are right about the Window List.

I believe there's another way to clean up GNOME, but it's been a year or so, since I read about it in the Valhalla (?) list, and I'm not positive of the details. It involves deleting a .gnome file, logging out and then logging back in.

Thanks again, to both of you, for your time and help!

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America