Re: WineX

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 23:58, Dan Devine wrote:
> Would I be able to get around this (wine not working) if I built from source?
>
> Or does the problem go deeper than that?
>

> DD

I'm no expert, but from what I've read, the answer would be no.

Until the wine developers can handle the new threading, building from source
on the new glibc won't help.

I do think they are close. If you need wine, stay with RH 8 for a while.
That is unless you've run up2date on the glibc patch they released recently.

That glibc update causes problems with wine.  Some of my wine stuff seems to
function fine most of the time and sometimes it doesn't.  It's not stable
enough to depend on.

I downgraded glibc to the shipped version and it helps, but be careful.
Doing so broke my postfix mail server.  It was an easy fix once I found the
problem, but I don't know what else may have been broken (if anything).

Doug