From: psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Matthew Saltzman
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 5:19 PM
To: psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Vsftpd.ftpusers user restriction does not work?

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Dan G wrote:

> Yeah it's weird I have done the exact same thing just placed a user in

> /etc/vsftpd.ftpusers same deal but it won't deny. Something posiibly
> wrong with my vsftpd install or /etc/pam.d/vsftpd. I need to check
> there first. Weird thing is I am using the original Redhat 8 package.
> 					Dan

FWIW, here's my /etc/pam.d/vsftpd, which should be original (passes rpm
-qV vsftpd):

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_listfile.so item=user
sense=deny
	file=/etc/vsftpd.ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_shells.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth

Lines 2 and 3 should be one line.
--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences