Re: fetchmail question

John Mathey wrote:
Hello all,
if I configure fetchmail to go pull mail from my ISP, can I then use a mail client inside my network on another computer to pull mail from my redhat box instead of directly from my ISP?

Yes, fetchmail will retrieve your mail and deliver it to your local MTA, which saves it in the local mail store, usually /var/spool/mail/$USER. Then, you can get it using POP3/IMAP from another machine if you have those servers set up on the box where your mail is...Or ssh in and use a local mail reader.

Additionally, I've seen a utility called fetchmailconf in previous versions, is that available for redhat 8 or was it dropped?

Some distros bundle fetchmailconf with fetchmail, but I don't see it in the Red Hat 8 package and I also don't see it anywhere as a separate package on the CDs. It's really not hard to set up the config file with a text editor, though.

Best Regards.
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+
Wake up, baby, cause I'm coming to you from the future -- D Wyndorf