RE: Install of 8.0 in freezing at different points

I had a similar problem just about 1 week ago.....as I posted
here, I was getting freeze-ups during install and after about the 6th
install attempt, I got a RH message indicating some type of problem.
After burning new ISO's from CD and passing the disk integrity check, it
started looking more like a hardware problem.  I swapped out every
componant....

Turns out, it was the POWER SUPPLY!....that's right, too much
ripple/dropout caused my MB to quit during intensive activity...like
both HD's and the CD-ROM going at the same time.

Inspect your hardware!....older systems like my P2-400 seem to be more
tolerant of bad power and marginal parts...the new boards seem to have a
very small window of tolerance.

DD

--
Dan Devine <dannyboy259@xxxxxxxxx>