RE: Vsftpd.ftpusers user restriction does not work?

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Dan G wrote:

> userlist_deny is not for vsftpd.ftpusers. What I am looking for is a
> simple user entry in vsftpd.ftpusers to deny access like ftpaccess does
> for wu-ftpd. The man page for vsftpd says vsftpd.ftpusers should do
> this, but it does not. Anyone have any ideas what else is missing?
>
> 					Dan

No, vsftpd.ftpusers is used by pam.  Check your pam configuration and
/etc/pam.d/vsftpd in particular for proper configuration.  If
userlist_enable=Yes and userlist_deny=/etc/vsftpd.user_list, then users in
/etc/vsftpd.user_list will be denied access.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx