Re: SAMTRON 56v Driver

On Thu Mar 20 2003 at 09:49, "Murugesan Ravuthan" wrote:

> I have SAMTRON 56V monitor. But Redhat 8.0 does not detect my monitor.
> Where can i get the driver for that?

Who needs a driver?  (Hey, this ain't windows:)

All you need to do is to look up the Horiz and Vert refresh rates of
you monitor (perhaps in its manual or on the web), then put these
numbers into the Monitor section of your /etc/X11/XF86Config file
(or create another Monitor section with another name).  Also make
sure that this monitor is specified in the Screen section so it will
be used.

XFree86 uses these numbers to limit - to the specifications of the
monitor - the maximum resolution modes that the card will use.  And
this is just about the only reason that these numbers are need.

The configuration tools use a monitor database only for convenience
to automatically determine the appropriate settings if your monitor
is already known - otherwise you need to roll'yer'own.

Some monitors are dpmi capable, and if this is the case with yours
then add this as a parameter to your Monitor section (see the man
page for XF86Config).

> Thanks in Advance
>
> Murugesan

Cheers