Re: Samba Permissions

On Wed Mar 19 2003 at 09:51, "Will Mendez" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have Samba running successfully and Win2K users are able to connect to the
> share but they don't have access to Write to it.  In the Samba.conf  I have
> create mode 0664 and directory mode 0775 should these permissions be set
> differently?

I suspect that the problems are with ownerships rather than
permissions.

> I am also using the smbpasswd file for authentication , is there a way to
> have samba use the Users Win2k password instead?

Have a look at winbind (it comes with samba).  By using it you don't
even need to create local unix accounts for your windows domain
users - the accounts are created on the fly using the network logon
server for user id and authentication.  You can configure all this
behaviour in any number of ways to suit your situation.

> Thank You,
>
> Will Mendez

Cheers
Tony