Re: Anonymous FTP through NIS domain?

Dan G wrote:
Can someone tell me if any special config is required to allow anonymous
ftp through an NIS domain? Where in the setup of NIS can I allow access
for specific services like anonymous ftp to get in?

No special config is required. Anonymous ftp won't authenticate via NIS, it will authenticate via the ftp daemon. Setup your vsftpd.conf file accordingly. You may need to change your firewall to allow ftp ports in.

In essence, this is not an NIS problem, but an ftp server problem.

Forrest