Re: Digital camera question

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 dballester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Some steps that can help.
>
> Before plug the USB-cord of camera into your computer:
>
> tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> Plug it and see what says the usb controler. Here you will see to what
> /dev/sdxx has been attached.
>
> Make a mount point for your camera. For example mkdir /mnt/digimax410
>
> Presumably, the camera filesystem is seen like fat32, then try to mount it
> with this type of partition. mount -t vfat /dev/sdxx /mnt/digimax410.
>
> If then is mounted and all goes ok, you can define the mount path in the
> /etc/fstab with no mount at boot option.

I have a Cypress nand flash drive, usb too. I can mount it manually using
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/flash. However, if I define the mount path in
/etc/fstab and issue mount /mnt/flash, it won't mount the flash drive at
all. As a matter of fact, it will remove this mount path from /etc/fstab
and put it in file /etc/fstab.REVOKE. Any idea why I can't set the mount
path for my usb flash drive.

Another question. If I pull the flash drive, then later plug it in again,
it will now be recognized as /dev/sdc1, not /dev/sdb1. Is this normal at
all (ls /proc/scsi will show 2 usb-storage-* entry now)?

Thanks

jimmy