NForce2 kernel support on RH8?

Hello,

Recently I bough an Asus A7N8X Deluxe (nforce2 chipset), Athlon XP2100,
1Gig mem system and installed Phoebe3 for the fun of it. That sort of
works. IDE performance sucks, the sound sort of works on only 2 channels
and the second NVidia nic needs a binary driver (yuck).

I decided to move back to RH8 and after installing it there is no sound
support, IDE performance sucks even more than Phoebe3 and lm_sensors has
no clue about nforce2 smbus chip so no monitoring rpms, voltages and
temps with gkrellm :(

Question: is there a rawhide srpm kernel that supports the nforce2 IDE
chipset and can be rebuild and used on a RH8 system? Or do I need to
build 2.4.21-pre5-ac3 with lm_sensors cvs which seems to support all
this funky stuff?

Thanks!
Patrick