Searching Archives was regarding reiserfs

 > I was lamenting that the archives aren't
 > searchable. This topic was discussed at length just a few weeks ago
 > but there is no easy way for you to search it.

Maybe this will be of help to somebody else.  I downloaded all of the
tar archives for the list, unpacked them, removed the .txt extension on
all of the unpacked files, copied those to the /home/gus/.mail
directory.  Then they appear as mailboxes in kmail full of messages
which can be sorted by topic, date, etc and searched using kmail search
menu item (multiple search possibilities).  Was fairly simple and only
about 3-4 MB download.  Gus.