Audigy 2: almost working... some further questions.

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and have been trying to use the latest cvs of emu10k1 to get it to work.  I am almost there, but have one question.

I can hear sound from the digital port through the analog speakers, but cannot hear anything out of the analog port (3rd from the firewire port).

emu-config -a makes no difference.

Here i have posted my modules.conf file from /etc
and also the files in /usr/local/etc that relate to the audigy and the emu10k1... these are scripts and the emu10k1 conf file

Note that I have onboard motherboard Intel AC'97 sound that seems to be getting in the way as well, and the below shows how i tried to solve this by disabling it on the BIOS.

Is there an issue with the drivers trying to access a port on the front case that is normally found on the Audigy 2 Platenum ??... my audigy 2 does not have this.

My history to get it to work thus far...

Have installed the kernel I wish to use along with the right kernel source.  In this case 2.4.18-24.8.0.
so /usr/src has a symlink called linux-2.4 which points to /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/.  I also copied this to a symlink called linux in the same dir as people mentioned this might be useful.
so ls on /usr/src is
linux  (a symlink to linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/)
linux-2.4 (a symlink to linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/)
linux-2.4.18-24.8.0/

Have configured the modules as follows.
in /lib/modules i located config file in /lib/modules/2.4.18-24.8.0/configs.  It was called kernel-2.4.18-i686.config.
I copied this file to /lib/modules/2.4.18-24.8.0/ and called it .config as suggested by posts to this list.
(Although someone told me you should not have to do this).

Now I got the emu10k1 stuff from cvs and installed it using
make
all seemed ok so i did make again, all seemed fine, so then
make install
make tools
make install-tools
This all seemed fine

On rebooting my system, I found that there was no sound.  The system was trying to use the onboard sound which is an intel based AC'97 sound card.  I then set this to be disabled on the BIOS and rebooted getting a message about missing hardware at startup.. on removing the configuration for this device ... the boot process goes ok and that is where i start getting sound out of the digital port.

I would like to know how to get sound from the normal port.  I would also like to know if it is a problem having the onboard sound device enabled with the BIOS.  I.e. i want to have it enabled but not to use it in linux because I use it in another OS.  what should i do for this?

 <<emu-script>>  <<modules.conf>>  <<audigy-script>>  <<emu10k1.conf>>