Re: partition table help

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 07:45, Vasyl Kenyuk wrote:
> I have a big problem:

you sure do!

> running install RadHat 8.0 over old partitions i've removed these
> inadvertent with fdisk without formating them. On the mashine was RedHat
> 7.3 and also WinXP.
> Is it possible to recovery the old table (with fips perhaps?) or at
> least WinXP partition?

_If_ you haven't changed any partition sizes / boundaries, then you
_may_ be able to recover your data if you run fdisk and set the xp
partition type back to NTFS (I did this once, and much to my surprise it
worked!)  You have to remember which one it was though, and it probably
won't work if you've since added partitions after you removed them.

If that step works, I suggest you boot to your XP cd and run the most
detailed scandisk it offers.

Don't know about fips.

HTH,
--