Starting KDE or GNOME

Hey everyone,

I know this is going to seem like a stupid question, but here it goes anyway.
How do you start KDE or GNOME manually? I am trying to do XForwarding and I can
get a terminal up and running on my work box (Windows 2000) on X-Win,  but I
want to be able to start KDE or GNOME. I have my remote host starting up X
automatically so I know has started, that and I tried startx and it gave me
some errors.

I tried 'startkde', 'startgnome', 'kde', 'gnome' a bunch of others too. I tried
searching for some sort of executable on the linux box, but with no success.
Just tried a google search for 'Starting KDE or GNOME in RH8.0' didn't turn up
anything too useful. I believe all I am missing is the command to start GNOME
or KDE then I will be up and running.

Thanx,
Ryan