Re: Openssh and glibc 2.3?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, John T Nelson wrote:

> All,
>
> I recently installed openssh 3.4p1-2 on my machine (which is the version
> that can be ftp'd from Redhat) for 8.0, but when I try to run sshd, the
> daemon complains that it needs GLIBC 2.3.  This version of GLIBC isn't
> available from Redhat (at least not from the FTP site).
>
> Am I just confused?  Do I need to step back a version (how if this is
> what is offered by Redhat)?

FWIW the following is the latest and greatest I am aware of:

(tigger pts2) $ rpm -qa | grep glibc
glibc-common-2.2.93-5
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-7.20
glibc-utils-2.2.93-5
glibc-devel-2.2.93-5
glibc-2.2.93-5
(tigger pts2) $ rpm -qa | grep openssh
openssh-3.4p1-2
openssh-server-3.4p1-2
openssh-clients-3.4p1-2
openssh-askpass-3.4p1-2
(tigger pts2) $

The above "worksforme" on 2 RHL 8.0 machines I have here. If they do not
"workforyou" you might need to apply ALL of the applicable errata to the
machine. Does the openssh stuff even install without using things like
--nodeps or --force?? These switches should NEVER be used unless you
really have a VERY VERY VERY good reason to use them and you understand
the danger in doing so. Also be sure to use "official Red Hat Linux"
rpms. Red Hat patches their stuff heavily but also does a lot of testing
to be sure things play nicely.

HTH,

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....