Re: Does Psyche support Q3 out of the box ?

Am Mon, 2003-03-10 um 23.09 schrieb Melvin Sneed:
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 15:10, Cédric Chausson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to install Quake III on RH 8.0. Having installed it on previous
> > RH versions, I remembre there was a lot of files (related to graphics)
> > to download before installing Q3.
> >
> > Is this still the same thing with Psyche ? Can I install Q3 directly or
> > do I need to go and download some other files ?

If you have a GPU with some proper 3D linux-drivers you can play it
"nearly" out of the box.

The only Grafic-Chips I know, that have such drivers for Linux are
NVIDIA-GPU's and some Radeon-Types. If you don't have one of these you
won't be able to play Quake3, as far as I know.

If you have the right GPU you just have to run the current point
release. (you get it from: http://www.quake3arena.com/)

If the installation is done, you just have to copy the "pak0.pk3" file
from your cdrom, to the "baseq3" directory in "/usr/local/games/quake3".

If that is done, you should be able to start q3..

regards
Sandro