Re: Kernel rebuild

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 03:01, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quit new to compiling kernel and must recompile the kernel to
> activate my new network card and other.
> If i execute make menuconfig and recompile the kernel do i get the same
> result as the kernel .rpm from RH?
copy the redhat kernel config file to get the same result as the rpm.
If you're using the same version of kernel-source of course, then you
can make menuconfig.  If you're not, then you have to do a make
oldconfig first.  The redhat kernel config is in /boot/config-<version>
for the ones you've installed, and <kernel-src-dir>/configs for all the
others.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
I don't want people to love me.  It makes for obligations.