grub

i dual booted rh8 with win2k using grub as the boot loader in the mbr. have had trouble booting 2k and it is my understanding that grub doesn't support kernels installed or started below the 1mb line(info grub) the solution appearsto be to get rid of grub as the loader and use lilo.
can anybody tell me the proper way to accomplish this. don't want to have to reinstall rh8 to get rid of grub. thanks in advance. i have aleady installed the lilo package, but don't know how to make the switch.