Re: Taskbar size

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 07:38, Michael Pang wrote:
> Before (with 7.3), the taskbar (where it showed all open applications) would
> take up all the available space on the panel, but now, it leaves a blank
> patch between it and the clock.  Can anyone tell me how I can set it so that
> it will use up _all_ the available space?

Firstly, find the little vertical bar where it anchors to.  This is
actually an applet that you can add/remove just like other applets.
Make sure it is as far left as possible, and all the programs will
appear to its right.  Its not as configurable as it used to be :( but
you can still right click->preferences and change some settings, like
minimum and maximum size.  Make sure you don't get the panel preferences
instead.

Secondly, make sure there are no other applets to the right of the
taskbar applet, as it will only use space up to the next applet.  You
will probably notice with <3 windows the applet may not take up all
available space, but >3 windows and it probably will.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
quatnum decoherence