Problem configuring Xserver on P4, 1.7Ghz, 845GBV

Hello,

I am having problem configuring Xserver on:

P4 1.7Ghz processor, 845GBV intel board, Samtron 55V monitor

The board and monitor are correctly detected on installation and xserver
810 is selected but on running it "extension RENDER missing on display :0.0"
gets displayed. The monitor remains black and the led on the monitor
keeps on blinking as if the monitor sync is off but xserver starts
running i.e no errors get reported except the message foretold.

At the moment I am running xserver with the XF86config created at the
install time.

I think some tweaking is necessary in XF86config created by anaconda,
but I am unable to do it.

Kindly help.
--
vikram...    <viki@bol.net.in>