Re: Postfix crashes (segfault) on RedHat 8.0. (cyrus-sasl-2.1.10needs to be split)

Well,

I solved the problem as described and compiled Postfix-2.0.4
with -I/usr/include/sasl and -lsasl2.

So Postfix-2.0.4+cyrus-sasl-2.1.10 rpm (saslauthd) works for me.

The only big problem I had was that RedHat uses OpenLDAP 2.0 which uses
sasl1. I solved that by contacting Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com> which
graciously gave me access to a not yet released rpm for OpenLDAP-2.1.

I will test this setup extensively for the next couple of weeks. The LDAP
database has about 270000 people/malboxes in it and I need to be sure
everything works before I go production with it.

Is there any reason why I should use sasl v1 as you describe Lars?

/Hans Eric Sandström
hes@mailcore.net

ps. I still think redhat should pull out that backward compatible stuff from
the cyrys-sasl-2.1.10 rpm and create a special rpm for that. Besides
OpenLDAP 2.0 I don't think there is any dependency on sasl v1 in the RedHat
8.0 packages. I really had a hard time tracking down the problem since
postfix compiled fine with the sasl v1 include file and then linked with the
sasl2 lib only to crash much later and I was scratching my head and checking
with ldd that the correct libraries was loaded.

pps. I tried recompilig the cyrus-sasl rpm but rpmbuild failed. But I will
have to do that later. I really would like to use ldap auxprop instead of
saslauthd + pam.