Re: Kernel 2.4.20

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 03:55, Eduardo Sanz Martin wrote:
> I compiled the kernel and everything looks good. When I shutdown the
> computer, it does not power off.
> Somebody knows the options to mark on the kernel menuconfig  to make
> possible to power off.

There are two options.  You can use APM or ACPI.  AFAIK APM has been
around longer, and in my experience is easier to use.  But ACPI is
superceeding APM, and is growing in its features (like suspend to RAM,
etc).  There's no harm in compiling them both into your kernel/modules.
You can even run both daemons at startup - first come first served, and
the other will not be used.  I recommend ACPI though if you can get it
working.

In answer to your question, theses are the options I used:

CONFIG_ACPI=y
CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BUSMGR=y
CONFIG_ACPI_SYS=y
CONFIG_ACPI_CPU=y
CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=y
CONFIG_ACPI_AC=y
CONFIG_ACPI_EC=y
CONFIG_ACPI_CMBATT=y
CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL=y
CONFIG_APM=m

If you compile ACPI as a module, I think you have to add the modules to
your initrd image, so I just compiled them into the kernel (I'm lazy!).

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
Man has never reconciled himself to the ten commandments.