Re: Unexpected IGMP network traffic

Hi Jay,

I've just forwarded my tcpdump file to Ralf and await his interpretation.

Thanks for posting your dump. I don't really know what to look for in my dump file. But, your file shows what I expected to find, but didn't. That is, I don't have anything like:

... kris.jaycrews.com > ...

I did a google for "linksys IGMP" and found:

"Bug in firmware 1.37." at:
http://www.hansenonline.net/Networking/linksysbug.html

This looks possible, but my "problem" is at a customer site and I'll have to visit again to check the firmware version on the router.

From linksys.com, a quick look indicates that the current firmware is version 1.44.2z. That might be a possibility.

I'm reserving judgment until I hear from Ralf. But, I'll be sure to keep you up to date on any results at this end.

Cheers,

Cliff