Re: Re[2]: IPTABLES question

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > Ummmm, guys. No way these rules are going to work without a jump target.
> > So add:
> >
> > -j ACCEPT
> >
> > to the end of both given rules.
>
> Whoops!  I knew I was forgetting something (;
<shameless_plug>
Thats one of the reasons I prefer to use shorewall.  Well documented
frontend to iptables.  Doesn't forget a "key ingredient" (as my
Grandmother used to do with her cookies).  No need to learn the syntax yet
you have every opportunity to learn about security.  And, it has the
facility to add your own iptables commands if you find a need/desire.
<\shameless_plug>

Ed

--
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs