Re: OT: Switch port mapper

On 20:40 23 Feb 2003, Renato Salles <maillist@brturbo.com> wrote:
| First, this IS OT. Never mind, i do not want to post like this every
| time...
| We have 5 switches at the firm and a new sysadmin around here: me. Well,
| the OLD guy didn't labeled the machine/ip/switch port, and the lan map
| is something mysterious now. Googling at the web, i found something
| related at Solarwinds. Their product is too expensive to the firm right
| now, and there is only a MS version of the "Switch port mapper".
| I need something that runs under linux.
| Any ideas?
| Thanks again and excuses for the OT.

What kind of switches are they?
With Ciscos you can get MAC->port mapping very easily, and you can get the
MAC->host mapping from arp, so much of this is automatable for them.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs@zip.com.au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza.
See who shows up first.	- J. Snyder _A Nation of Cowards_