Re: Which filesystem for LVM?

Peter Boy wrote:

> I have to reinstall my system and consider to choose LVM for all HD
> space besides /boot. I would like to be able to resize the space (and
> filesystems) for the several logical partitions. Which filesystem I
> should use to be able to do so? (the RH docu is not very detailed
> regarding LVM)

With ext3 you can go up or down in size. Xfs can only increase, I believe. Xfs
does play well with other stuff though such as acl, attrib, quotas over nfs and
seems faster. I'm looking at switching from ext3 to xfs for our production
servers - especially the samba server.

Other notes are that ext3 is built into RedHat from the get go while xfs take a
little more kernel fiddling.

-tkb