Re: Accesing windows directories

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 19:34, daYz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Windows besides Linux installed, but can I acces windows directrories
> from Linux, and if so, how/where can I acces them?

It depends on the version of Windows you have installed, or more
accurately, the version of filesystem you are using.

If you are running Windows on an NTFS filesystem (only available with
NT, 2000 and XP), then you will have read-only access to the Windows
partition. If you are running the 9x series (95 through ME), then your
filesystem is FAT or VFAT (aka FAT-32), and you will have full
read-write access to the partition. Many NT, 2000 and XP systems also
run on FAT-32 filesystems, rather than NTFS.

Typically, the place to look for other mounted filesystems is /mnt, in a
directory called dos or win or whatever.

If it's not already setup for you, there are many ways to get access to
your Windows partition. 'man mount' for more information, and also 'man
fstab'.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA