French OO build

Hi,

I am putting together a PC for my old school in France.
It's based on RH8.0.

The Open Office version I downloaded from the French OO web site crashes 'unrecoverably' at start up. My research indicates that this is because Psyche is using an incompatible glibc.

The OO that comes with Psyche works fine.
There is a localizing rpm - but I have no idea how to use it to get my OO working in French.
Does anyone know how to use it?

Alternatively I'd have to recompile the lot. Feasible but daunting (I am programmer so I'll be OK doing that - but it will take around 40 hours on that PII 266...)

Sorry to dump this on the list but I am not sure where to turn to for help.

Rgds,
T. Jamme

The Village is at http://village.glaine.net/school/

YOU have the power: http://www.aptilis.com/