Re: Tomcat 4.1.18 with Apache 2.0.40-11--anyone got it working?

J M Craig/Alpha-G wrote:

I've gone cross-eyed trying to make heads or tails of the directions on apache.org RE setting up Tomcat so that it's properly invoked by Apache. I had all this working on RH 7.1, but I decided to upgrade and now I can't figure out for the new versions:

1. Which of the two connector methods (warp or jk2) is the best to use.
I tried warp, jk and jk2.
Only jk2 works for me, and only with Apache 2.0.43.

2. Where to start with the configuration (I think I have figured out what files are involved, but getting the right stuff in them has proven to be elusive in my current sleep-deprived state!).
This is what I did:

1) Upgrade Apache to 2.0.43.
2) Install mod_jk2.
3) LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
4) Create /etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties. Mine is attached.
5) Restart Apache.

Hope this helps,

Leonid Dubinsky.
[config:]
file=/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
debug=10
debugEnv=10

[logger]
level=DEBUG

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
level=DEBUG
file=/var/log/httpd/jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
#info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=10
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
#logger=logger.file:0

[uriMap:]
info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
debug=10

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess servers
file=/var/log/httpd/jk2.shm
size=1000000
debug=10
disabled=0

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer.
debug=10

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
debug=0
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[status:status]
info=Status worker, displays runtime informations

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
worker=status:status

[uri:/admin/*]
info=Map the admin

[uri:/manager/*]