A7M266-D

Hi Guys,

I also have an asus A7M266-D and I have seen your problem before. Although the board is spec'ed out to use almost any ddr ram out there, mixing it will often make problems for this board it seems. The power supply is another issue. Have you noticed on the main ASUS homepage, they still post the recommended hardware link for this board? There must be a reason...

I'm using an Enermax 465 watt p/s and two plain 512 pc2100 ddrs. There is an Abit Geforce 4 mx video board, and with this mix the box MUST be reset once for it to get going after power-up. Also, using the SMP kernel, FlightGear and UT/UT2003 will crap out with the OpenGL Nvidia drivers.

I've got 4 dual processor boards with nvidias and a host of unipro systems that run fine. Why is it that it is MY box that is flakey? @$%@%^** pos :-)

I'm eager to find out what the problem is with this other a7m266d on the list here with 2 gig ram...

Jim