Re: ssh-agent with default runlevel of 5

On Fri, 2003-02-14 Gordon Messmer wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 14:38, Anne Possoz wrote:
> >
> > If I understand well Neil query, here is what I do.
> >
> > I edit /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients file and add the following lines at the beginning of the file:
>
> Doesn't that seem like a lot of work?  Red Hat's scripts already start
> ssh agent.  All you have to do is add "ssh-add" to your session.  Under
> GNOME, you can open the "Sessions" preferences panel, go to "Startup
> Programs", and add the command.  Huzzah!  No editing files!  'specially:
> No editing system files that will be whacked at your next upgrade!

I was sure that I could learn by answering how I do it :)

I don't claim my solution is the cleverest. The solution was propagated
from redhat 7.3. So now I should just manage ssh-add as I didn't
realise ssh-agent was already included.

Isn't one modified file simpler than every user having to click and
know where to click? I like solutions without click.

But thanks for that alternative solution. My first gnome lecture!

Keith Winston also mentionned keychain. Another option as it is once per
reboot. Valid only for private workstation. But very interesting in
that case.

					Anne, old lady, old memory