Re: nfs unmounts of stale connections

> Hello all,
> I have some stale nfs mounts on my RH8.0 server:
>
> showmount -a says:
>
> [root@store rc.d]# showmount-a
> All mount points on store:
> 10.0.0.90:/mnt/RH8isos
> 10.0.0.90:/mnt/RH8isos/RedHat
> 10.0.0.90:/mnt/RH8isos/RedHat/base
> [root@store rc.d]#
>
> They are left over from a network install, after which I disconnected
> the
> target machine without doing anything special to tell nfs.
>
> /etc/fstab doesn't show them.
> Rebooting doesn't kill them.
Exports file is empty.

> Where are they remembered and how can I get rid of them?

they should be /var/lib/nfs/statd, but I don't know if you can simply
remove the files, and if statd will be happy

Piero

Thanks, Piero.
They didn't show up in /var/lib/nfs/statd/
Removing them from /var/lib/nfs/rmtab, however will get rid of them.
However, it seems that new mounts don't go away automatically after I
umount them on client and server and clear the /etc/exports file.