RE: Time Drift / Shift Problem - Please Help

Try this:
1. Physically disconnect the system from any network.
2. Boot the box and stop these services; anacron, atd, & crond
3. Run "hwclock --systohc" and note the time.

If the system still changes time after running in this state for a
while, then your computer is possessed.  Contact your priest and
request and exorcism immediately before it starts doing that green
projectile vomiting thing.

Sincerely,
Jim Hubbard
              .--.