Re: Time Drift / Shift Problem - Please Help

On 13 Feb 2003, Charlie McVeigh wrote:

> This is a repost as it appears the the entire body of my first message was truncated.
>
> My RH 8.0 Linux machine loses or gains time every 12-20 minutes while it
> is running.  The time changes that I have experienced range from +/- 13
> hours to as little as +/- 32 seconds (see sample logs below).

I assume you looked all the various log files in /var/log/*.  Any hints?
E.g., I have OpenAFS running on my computers, and particularily fast is
the hardware clock of the one at home that it has to be set back several
seconds every hour.  These corrections show up in /var/log/messages.

Cheers,

Michael