[psyche] SpamAssassin on RedHat 8.0

Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com wrote:

 > I noticed SpamAssissn is installed by default in my RedHat 8.0
 > installation. I was wondering, if there is any RedHat 8.0 specific
 > documentation on how to configure this pre-installed SpamAssassin?

Not really.  Just follow the instructions on
http://spamassassin.org/dist/INSTALL file, half of which you can ignore
because it's already installed.  I *think* all I had to do was create my
~/.forward and ~/.procmailrc files.  To configure it to your tastes (add
people to black/white list, add new test, etc.) modify your
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file.  I believe it will get created once you
get a first email which will run spamassassin (doesn't have to be spam).

I don't remember exactly because right now I'm using SpamAssassin
through the MIMEDefang smilter in sendmail, so I can immediately bounce
spam over a certain threshold.  That was a little more complicated.

Raul