Re: problem with rebuilding the samba rpm from the source rpm

> On Saturday 01 February 2003 09:23 am, Rishi Gangoly wrote:

> > checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> > /var/tmp/samba-2.2.7-root
> >
> > error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
> >     /usr/bin/findsmb
> >     /usr/share/man1/findsmb.1.gz
> >     /usr/share/man1/smbsh.1.gz
> >
> > :-(
> >
> > I needed to add the --with-nis option and so had to re-compile samba
> > using the source RPM.
> >
> > What does this error mean and why did this happen?
>
> It's a new feature of recent versions of rpm.
> It means that files were installed in the build root, but not included in
> the final rpm package. (Because they were not defined in the %files
> portion of the specfile.)
> To stop it:
>
> echo "%_unpackaged_files_terminate_build  0" >> ~/.rpmmacros
> echo "%_missing_doc_files_terminate_build  0" >> ~/.rpmmacros
>
> I believe installing the redhat-rpm-config package will also define the
> above macros. (in /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros)
>
> - --
> - -Michael

Hello again...

I installed redhat-rpm-config and tried to rebuild samba. No joy.

I edited the two options you mentioned in the file /usr/lib/rpm/macros from
1 to 0 and bingo it worked.

However, would you be able to shed some light on what this is and why is it
enabled by default?

I tried to read the comments, but it went over my head.

Does this mean Redhat does the same to build the samba RPM?