Re: cron as root

Jeffrey Ross writes....

> I created a crontab for root to run a few scripts and upon execution I
> get the following error:
>
> /bin/sh: line 1: anaconda-ks.cfg: command not found

Looks like you are trying to run "anaconda-ks.cfg" as a command, and it's not
there.  Not familiar with the file/command "anaconda-ks.cfg", but by
the extension, I'd guess it's a config file of some sort, and
not a Bourne shell script (/bin/sh).
Just a guess.

What are the first few lines of real code, in the script that your cron job
is trying to run.  (With the exception of the #! /bin/sh on the first line,
ignore the other lines beginning with #.)  Just want to see enough
to get to the "anaconda-ks.cfg" part.

-- Jay Crews
jpc@jaycrews.com