Unable to upgrade to Psyche

I had been running Psyche very successfully with a RedHat boxed set since it was released. I attempted to upgrade my nv drivers to nvidia drivers and ended up fscking the entire system. After three days of trying to fix it, with some amount of help, I gave up and tried to format and install freshly.

This resulted in no joy ;-(

It would act perfectly normal up until the part where it says Installing packages, with glibc-common-2.2.93-5 (the first file) and hangs ... forever
Total 0
Completed 0
Remaining 0

I then did a mediacheck on all three disks, and all three returned PASS.

The irony is that I was able to install Valhalla 7.3 and it installed and runs great, but after being used to Psyche, it isn't what I want.

I have tried to upgrade Valhalla to Psyche and it goes through all of the steps as usual, but gets to that same point and hangs, too.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is, or how to get Psyche to come to the party?