From: "anthony baldwin" <mrbaldwin@school-library.net>
To: <psyche-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 8:04 PM
Subject: sos, sinking quickly, mayday, mayday

> I hadn't rebooted my machine since I upgraded to psyche in October, or
something, so , just for the heck of it, I gave her the "halt" command and
powered her down before leaving this morning.
> Now, we're experiencing technical difficulties.
> Several attempts to boot her up have failed.  She has attempted several
times to do a file system check and hung around 50-70% on different
attempts.  Further attempts have brought me to a root shell (after I enter
root passwd).  I tried to run fsck to no avail.
> File system checks did give a couple of messages, but I failed to record
them accurately.  One of them mentioned "fish applet" deleting an unused
node, and another mentioned some gtk-dev file doing the same.