Intel SE7500 CW2 and RedHat 8.0

Hello,

I'm new to this list so I'm not sure if this has been answered recently.

We've recently bought 2 new servers with following specifications:
Motherboard: Intel SE7500 CW2
CPU: 2 x Intel Pentium 4 Xeon 2,4 CPUs

There's no problem installing RedHat 8.0 when excluding APM/ACPI (these seems to cause some boot-problems?!) but when doing a shutdown -h or shutdown -r the system stalls.

As far as I can see the system stalls excactly when RH is sending a signal to the BIOS to shutdown or reboot, but it happens after the log-deamon has been shutdown so I cant seem to trace what causes the problem.

Has anyone here experienced this problem or has any suggestions on how I could make it work?

Best regards,
Frank Nørvig
Denmark