Re: Raid + LVM + Boot

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 15:22, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've got an LVM question...
>
> I've been told it's possible, but I'm kinda looking for real world examples.
>
> I want to have a straight IDE drive, only thing that would be on it is /boot.
> There will be a 3-ware IDE raid controller, and LVM volume groups on top of
> the raid array.  One of these volume groups will be for the OS, consisting of
> / /var /usr and maybe some other things.
>
> What I'm looking for is examples of being able to boot off a drive that just
> has /boot, then mount / from a LVM group on a Raid array.
>
> Any takers?

The system I'm using right now has such a setup. /boot is /dev/hda1,
swap is /dev/hda2 and the rest (/, /home, /usr, /usr/local, etc.) are on
logical volumes. i even left some spare space to add to any partition
which requires the extra space. Thi was all set up from the redhat
installation program.

Cheers,

> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
> For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net
> Mondo DevTeam (www.mondorescue.org)
>
> Was I helpful?  Let others know:
>  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=jkeating
>

> --
Javier Gostling                        Av. Kennedy 5757, of. 1502
Ingeniero de Sistemas                  Las Condes, Santiago, Chile
Virtualia S.A.                         Fono: +56 (2) 202-6264 x 130
jgostling@virtualia.cl                 Fax:  +56 (2) 342-8763