PS2 Mouse - strange behavior

Hello All !

 First of all, my system: a Duron 950, 256MB RAM, 13G HDD.
 Motherboard is MS8308 - all on board.
 The mouse is a no-name PS2 with wheel-scroll.

 I have RH Psyche installed for some time, and it is happening
something strange...
 Sometimes, after a logout from X, at the next startx,
 my mouse is DEAD, or keeps jumping in the lower left
side of the desktop and "clicking" all around :-(
 The situation does not change if I make a "reboot".
(only after a power-down and restart)
 After a "reboot", kudzu says "Configuration changed"
and will want to remove PS2 mouse from configuration :-(
 Also, if I "reboot", and start Win98 or XP, I have no
mouse detected (which normally never happens in Win).
 So, linux is doing something to my MotherBoard, or PS2
bus mouse...
 Could it be some autoprobe queries ? What can be done ?

 Do you have any ideas ?

 Many thanks in advance !